Wednesday 19 July 2017

gig report no.9 17-07-2017

Another lovely evening with for me the added pressure that I've only three gigs before Quillarious goes up to the Edinburgh Fringe. Every day the show will run 15.45-16-45 upstairs at: The Waverley Bar' St Mary's St. (next to the World's End on Royal Mile)
It's free! so please spread the word and come and play Quillarious.
Lots of acts doing and saying amazing things, I thank you all and to our amazing audience. Man from Middle of Nowhere, Man with wrapping paper shirt and Debbie Harry lookalike and beardy man with earring who won the Quillarie to name but a few.

Quillarious:
I was much happier this week as we got to the round where people performed the story. In Edinburgh this will be real audience performing at the mic for perhaps their very first time. I’ll video it and post to Youtube unless they pay  ££££.
It wasn’t a great punch or story but the show’s format  is starting to solidify and I’m generating improvements that will make a big difference.
It now my rule that no poor taste material. Every time we go there we get sucked into a drain.
Minus points are my weapon of choice and a clear anti entendre speech. “I don't care if you’ve a big one on the tip of your tongue, zip it! Even if it makes the eyes water.”

I’m also starting to get a bigger picture of how the audience interacts with the show in terms of social media. A video clip here an image there.
The badges arrived today! I know, social media gone mad!



Quillarious:
Keywords Yoga, Snake, foreskin, anti gravity, Robocop, Essex
Punch: Attacked by four skins!
Senario: 

RoboCop while on his

way up to an anti gravity yoga retreat  in Essex to present a newly created yoga position to honor the county - “Downward Facing Dogging”
He stopped off for a pee in a hedge when he was bitten on the willy by an adder. “Oh My foreskin” he cried which was ironic as he was then attacked by four skins.




No comments:

Post a Comment