Saturday 19 August 2017

Fri 18th

I was so tired last night, and I had essential admin to do which half got done before I crashed.  Woke up much refreshed :-)
Spent t he early part of the morning re covering the white board with film. Very tricky sticky stuff. So then I'd recovered from the recovering.

Back to the weather. It lightly rained from 10.30 driving the crowd into the show before mine, then it cleared 20 mins before mine, driving the crowds onto the streets away from my show.
Can't change it so move on!
The show was good with three no shows (my good morning text didn't happen) so I was able to grab Stone Wall Todo and Anige Gallagher from the previous show.
Daniel a teenage audience member was wearing a fringe lanyard and turned out to be a young magician  who did card tricks on me to the delight of the small but very nice crowd.
I did more material than ever and had a fun time.

Quillarious was busy with 15 in :-)
Surprisingly it was the first time a whole team didn't want to do the stand up challenge but an excellent performance by David.
Nice to see Bryn back #repeat-customer
Heres the vids

#Quillarious 2017-08-18: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPASQFD9QqlVCqExWBW_723FoEGsviS6k

After Quillarious I thought I'd see a show but it ended up as three very good show that reflect the diversity of the free shows at the Fringe.
First was Lucy ??? Women of Power. Wonderful but hard to explain other than an experience.
Performed in the round with a theromin and esoteric themes and interaction.

Then a full on production of Julius Caesar but with pirate costumes! Still no idea why. I would have gone step further and changed a line or two:
Arrrrrrrr et to Bruti me hearty!
Release the seagulls of war!
Then improve loosely based on history. I've a love hate thing with improv. It so formulated but when it works it's funny.
All very good shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment