Sunday 27 August 2017

Friday 25th

Now Fliss is here its harder to keep up with the blog. A price well worth paying :-)

Whistlebinkies went well but I can't remember any specifics! If only I'd kept a blog about it!

One of of the best Quillarious ever.
It came together so well. This show leaves me feeling light and fluffy and full of hope that I'm really onto something.
Youtube : #Quillarious 2017-08-25

Evening shows were disappointing.

First we saw Christian Reilly who we see every year. It fun cleaver musical comedy. I even heard a Radio Four documentary about his fringe experience,  but sadly in my opinion he's drifted to a blunter, coarser less clever set for this Fringe. Donald Trumps a C$#t over and over. Got it the first time! About six walked out during the show.
I'm never comfortable criticising a comedian but I have to as honest to the blog as I would  e if I was face to face with you. If it were to get back the Christian then it's  nothing I wouldn't say to his face. I'll see him again next year and hope he's back on form.

Next was Damien Kingsley's one man show Can't Dance Won't Dance.
I've known Damien since my early open mic days. He delivers solid punchlines in a passive aggressive manner. I found the show didn't quiet offer the twists and turns of narrative I'd expected. Some nice audience interactions and interactions with a videoed character worked well, but the big let down of the show was the room. When the access to the only ladies toilet of the pub is through the room the shows in! It's amazing the show takes place at all. Queue hand dryer and either noisy drunk girls or embarrassed sober ones. Not an ideal venue.

I'd received a message from Steve McLean that he'd hurt his ankle and could I mc his late show Anarchy Cabaret. Nay probs pal. About 30 in with one act down. We did a great start and the first 40 mins went very well but I couldn't quite get behind their masks. It’s  as if they're volume control is stuck at 3 and I felt the show slipping away. Most were young and tired and I didn't have the right material to connect. It wont be the worst show they've seen and it wont be their best. That's  both annoying and inspiringly challenging. Thinking cap on!

knackered!

No comments:

Post a Comment