Wednesday 16 August 2017

Wed 15th

Last night was my first guest spot. It was a tough gig. A bunch of students who'd looked like death and some family groups. I'm sure a more experienced act could get something out of them but all I got seemed like two titters and a couple of groans. Dead at the Apollo. I still think I should do a late evening show called Death at the Apollo.
Before the gig on the street I bumped into Astrid and Sander, they enjoyed the tale of their public engagement, phew!
Whistlebinkies went well with reasonable numbers and I was OK. The story of my engagement went down well and is evolving into something quite nice.
While Dave Hemming was on, a man at the back with a dog called Molly heckled a clear paragraph about Tarentino. We were all stunned. Dave did a sweet put down (the man not Molly) and things moved on. The last act was a manic clown who got nothing but I did a good inappropriate reference which got my best laugh of the day.

Here's the link to the story in the Edinburgh Evening News
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/video-couple-get-engaged-at-the-edinburgh-fringe-1-4532218

Here's the link to the Sun story
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/living/1421967/wes-dalton-edinburgh-fringe-proposal-whistlebinkies/




No comments:

Post a Comment