Sunday 20 August 2017

Saturday 19th Super Saturday

Whistlebinkies very full :-)
My pre-start worked very well which is when I do a fake mic. test chatting to the audience up close. Then I ask which start they would like,  high or slow energy?  They always want high! Then clipboard comedy plus theme tune dance....  boom!

Very lovely show and matching bucket i.e. lots of tips.

Lunch and comedy blether with Wes Dalton

Busiest Quillarious ever! 30 in. Steered away from dark themes and allowed the rounds to fold back the chatter into the show.
Twice when the room was divided on a decision we had dance offs which worked very well.
It all went very well with happy people and good bucket.
Another good blether about comedy writing with our Quillarari winner Lorna who presents for ITV Wales. Press your big blue button now or catch it on our podcast.




Youtube link  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPASQFD9QqlVag-LiIjRPsQ5E2nQrfFgf
Saw a nice and curvey one man show at Black Market but can't remember who. He's Welsh and looks like Jesus. By curvy i mean it had a lovely flowing narrative curve. Taking us though good solid funnies down into storytelling, then some audience interaction  to lift us up to wards the fake end, bucket speech ..... and by the way boooooom! Arrrrrrrrr.

I was then asked to mc a show also at BM. It was a small audience and challenging fun to connect with them and fluff them up. I was please with my mcing but over ran by 5mins. A big no no so I slap my wrist. Time to get that watch with a timer?

I stayed on to watch Drunken Heckle which is always fun and got back by 1.30am



No comments:

Post a Comment