Friday 4 August 2017

Ill take the high road Ed Fringe Day -2

I'm at Kings Cross waiting to board the train to Edinburgh for #Quillarious at #edfringe
I've managed to get things into three small bags!
I'll reveal the reason way later.
Felt wobbly about it all yesterday but OK this morning.
What's packed is packed and what's prepared is prepared.
Just boarded and it's the luggage juggling game. Table seat with an empty seat next to me but two  (opinion pending) children opposite. Time will tell.
Whoever invented stickers deserves a medal! Beautifully behaved kids all the way. well done mums :-)
Arrived in a beautiful sunny Edinburgh :-)
If I only had one of those constantly recording cameras I could have captured the expression of the blond lady working in the hairdressers when I when to pick up the flat keys. Her brain froze as she tried to compute why a bald man was entering a hair salon. 
Hairismn is rife up here!
By the time I lugged my bags up six flights my back was deciding to go on holiday somewhere else. Stretch and move.
Its strange being in someone flat when they're not around or more accurately haven't given a formal handover. I decide that tv is a waste of my life and go dancing in Leith at Salsaholics Cuban salsa night. 
Very helpful bus driver lift me to the right stop for free (so not London) And I find the bar by the waters edge. Upstairs is a box of room and a typical suburban small club when everyone knows everyone. I was amazed that two people knew me. Julie/a came to my Edinburgh show 'Mambalsa One Man's  Quest To Create A New Partner Dance' two years ago. Aubrey an it/finance professional used to come to my i2i before moving to Edinburgh. To my great delight he had read my article post on the site. www.streetbeat.co.uk/blog 
Back in by 12 and time to watch CSI Somewhere on a big screen.
Lovely evening.
Add caption

1 comment: