Sunday 13 August 2017

Saturday 12th Best day yet

Woke up refreshed and superglued Helen's vase. Not a brilliant repair but a gesture of 'sorry'.
after some wandering I went to the tiny cafe next to the Waverly bar for builders tea and a haggis roll (When in Rome)
I had to many acts booked so as soon as I got the first message ...'I'm running late' I bumped them of the bill.
I think getting professional starts with getting up.
The show went very well with 75% full.
I crowd worked up to the high energy clipboard start. Wes Dalton was first on as he's a brilliant high energy crowd worker who makes everything look spontaneous but writes down any new quips he discovers so he can review and remember them.
To day I felt up there with him and my transitions from MC to material seemed seamless and effortless. Happy me.
We had quite a high proportion of older audience in and it was great to see Maxine's and Sian's set landing  well.
Coffee/ lunch with Pauline Eire for a proper comedy blether then Quillarious.
Eighteen in including Chris O'Neill who's Full Irish show that's on before me at Whistlebinkies is full every day.
A great show where our stand up winner Joe was so natural it was spooky.
No need to explain the plot he does it much better:
A pleasant beer with Chris for some feedback on the show which was very useful and a nice chat with Bumper and Maria from Firth on the next table. A quick cabaret show threaded together by audience Russian Roulette. It was busy but didn't work for me.  Then back for craft gin and tonic, a young rioja and Venison sausages upon beetroot and pearl barley risotto. Yummy

Streetbeat Comedy's Free Lunchtime Showcase 12.15 Whistlebinkies top of Niddry st and Southbridge.

#Quillarious A New Comedy Format Free 15.45 Waverley Bar St. Marys St. next to The World's End on High St. (Royal Mile)
Every day of the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
The show where the audience write the stand up. Its game show meets comedy writing workshop. 

Youtube Channel  #Quillarious https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLGESm8uJy4PGSCmyaMGSgYoutube Channel  #Quillarious https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLGESm8uJy4PGSCmyaMGSg

No comments:

Post a Comment