Tuesday 8 August 2017

Tuesday 8th Bump Shakala

Bump Shakala, as opposed to boom shakala. The 1st Tuesday bump.
I check my database and I've  double booked four acts.
I text several with more than one show with me, fess up bump them and imagine their glare.

There's still a day before the big Fringe app kicks in the worst start to the day possible. Its warm and sunny. Why?
Everyone gets up and hurries out by nine am. Then by 11am they're ready for a sit down which is perfect time for the show before mine, and the kiss of death for mine. The full Irish was full, mine ......ten :-(

Streetbeat Comedy's Free Lunchtime Showcase 12.15 Whistlebinkies top of Niddry st and South Bridge.
The  best show so far. Very good acts and a lovely friendly room. A good blether with Struan Logan and here I am lunching on a park bench in the sun.

#Quillarious A New Comedy Format Free 15.45 Waverley Bar St. Mary's St. next to The World's End on High St. (Royal Mile)
Every day of the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
The show where the audience write the stand up. Its game show meets comedy writing workshop.
I was so convinced no one would come that I didn't fully set up and got myself a pint. But they did. Four lovely people. A man from Finsbury park who'd been to Whistlebinkies that morning, and three Edinburgers. Game on.
Title: Wand Sunny Day In Leith
It ended up as Harry Potter battling Lord Voltamort in the pole vault event at the Edinburgh Olympics held in Leith. Bizarre enough for you!
Our winner was a natural, but what was really nice is that it felt like a bunch of mates having fun with zero awkwardness.

And finally. ...
I forwarded my one liner to the Guardian which is doing a top 10 jokes from the fringe story.
I was going to do one about eyeballs but I'm waiting for something cornea.
Boom!... Shakala !!

No comments:

Post a Comment