Tuesday 15 August 2017

Monday what day is it?

No press reaction to press release about the coupkes engagement :-(
I expscted Lunchtime Showcase to drop back to early week quietness but it was nearly full! It felt like a Saturday which threw off my timings for the rest of the day.
Could it be that some miserable weather is my best publicity? Today it's supposed to rain at 12. Perfect for cat hearding the public. Fingers crossed :-)
Quillarious sadly no  one came :-(
Two years ago when that happened I was deeply upset but now it's just one of those things that happen at the fringe. I'm going to be pissed off if it happens more than three times but the show isn't a straight forward format.
I'm switching tacticks re flyering to exit flyer shows nearby that finish at least half an hour before. Time for them to regroup and then come. Worth a try.
I had a stand up spot to do later that evening so went off to the park by Waverley Station to write and rehearse. There I saw a robot lawn mower 'on trial' just taking its time zig zagging across the lawn. Not exactly Terminator, unless you work as a manual laborer. How many jobs will be lost to machines like these. Watch out road sweapers!
OK I got the day wrong for my spot, it's tomorrow, so I saw a one man show about William Wallase called the Tanners Tale and then David Tsonos's Drunken Heckle which I did as by then I was suitable qualified.
Walked home in the pouring rain at 1am thanking my heavy bag full of mavs and hats and jumper :-)
A good day.

Streetbeat Comedy's Free Lunchtime Showcase 12.15 Whistlebinkies top of Niddry st and Southbridge.
#Quillarious A New Comedy Format Free 15.45 Waverley Bar St. Marys St. next to The World's End on High St. (Royal Mile)
Every day of the 2017 Edinburgh Fringe Festival
The show where the audience write the stand up. Its game show meets comedy writing workshop.
Youtube Channel  #Quillarious https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdLGESm8uJy4PGSCmyaMGSg

No comments:

Post a Comment